Office of Teaching Evaluation and Assessment Research
116 College Avenue
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Phone: (848) 932-7466
Fax: (732) 932-1845
Test Scanning (Discontinued as of Sept 1, 2015)
We at OTEAR will not be able to support the scanning of answer sheets for tests and examinations as we have done for the past few years.
As you are aware we provided access in our building to a Datalink scanner that instructors or their graders could use to scan machine-readable answer sheets compatible with this scanner. That machine will no longer be available as of September 1, 2015 nor will we stock the answer sheets compatible with it.
There are a number of inexpensive (price range $300 - $2000), easy to use and maintain test scanners on the market and your department may be able to purchase one for your own use.
We are happy to have been able to assist you in the past in this area.
If you use multiple versions of a test, ask us about "multiple key" scanning (this requires a special test form).
- Overview of Test Scanning
- Instructions for the use of the Datalink (Benchmark) 3000 Scanner (watch a video tutorial)
- Prepare your roster for use with Datalink Scanner
- Upload Scanned test results into Sakai
- Download Free DatalinkScanner software (PC or Mac) for use after scanning
(note that the download form requires a serial number, you can type “Rutgers” in this box)
- Purchase Forms from Apperson for Datalink 3000 Scanner
- Sample - 100 Question Answer Sheet for Datalink 3000 Scanner (PDF)